As a Hardware Engineer Power & Distribution you are fully responsible for the complete electrical design of the energy generation, storage and distribution system within the allocated project based on customer specifications, class requirements and the Alewijnse way of working in the market segments
Where are you going to work?
Alewijnse Marine is an innovative system integrator that focuses on the integration (from sales to delivery and after-sales) of all electrical and electronic related systems on ships, that meet the needs of the customer, this in the market segments Luxury yachts, Dredging & Offshore or Navy & governmental ships.
This role is located in our office in Nijmegen, and you will visit our customers on request.
Our organisation is working to take the next step in further growth and development. Do you find it a challenge to contribute to the solution of technically complex systems in a dynamic environment? Then this could be your position!
Which responsibilities & activities are part of your job?
- Realisation of the work according customer requirements, class requirements and Alewijnse way of working.
- Delivery of the engineering deliverables within budget and according to the project planning.
- Quality of the engineering deliverables.
- Signalling of deviations from the scope of supply.
- Interpretation, integration and analysis of the customer specification and/or technical data of various ship systems necessary for designing the power and distribution system and discuss possible solution with the customer and/or other subcontractors.
- Interpretation of rules & regulations and discuss the proposed solution with classification.
- Setup a System Architecture and describe the solution, based on system requirements from our customer.
- Perform load balance analysis, perform total harmonic distortion analysis, perform short-circuit calculations and define the selectivity diagram, perform static and dynamic voltage drop analysis, perform arc flash and thermal stability calculation.
- Identify and collect sensors and I/O to be connected to the ships alarm system.
- Coordinate/produce the E-plan cable block diagrams and wiring diagrams for the power and distribution systems based on basic document as mentioned above.
- Determine the materials to be used and write procurement specifications for large/complex equipment and/or panels.
- Setup production documentation package for panel production.
- Setup test procedures and take the lead in factory acceptance tests.
- Implement the as-built data and deliver the as-built package.
- Supporting Sales activities in defining the technical solution and estimation of engineering hours.
What do we ask?
- You’ve completed an MBO level 4 or HBO education in electrical engineering or equal certification, potentially complimented with additional relevant courses.
- Your communication skills in the English language are good.
- You have a passion and ambition for the profession and want to innovate and develop yourself.
- You are possessing good analytical skills and work accurate.
- You have basic knowledge of Word, Excel and optional SKM Power Tools.
- You are a teamplayer, reliable, involved, open and your aim is to build a sustainable relation.
We are offering
A stimulating, dynamic and pleasant working environment. We expect you to keep up with the technical developments in your field and therefore we offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself with both internal and external training opportunities. As a result of the growth of our organization, there are both horizontal and vertical career opportunities.
At Alewijnse, we think it is important that your work-life balance is good. You will therefore receive 25 days' holiday and these will be supplemented by no less than 13 ADV days. In addition, we have a friendly staff association where activities are regularly organized. Would you like to join our team?