As a Senior Project Manager, you effectively and efficiently manage large and technically complex projects with values sometimes superseding €10M. You are responsible for identifying project requirements, manage the project team and deliver the project on time within budget while serving all related stakeholders.
Nederland - Nederland
Hours per week:
32 - 40
Where are you going to work?
Alewijnse Marine is an innovative system integrator that focuses on the integration (from sales up to delivery including after-sales) of all electrical and electronic related systems on ships that meet the needs of the customer. We operate in three marine market segments: “Luxury yachts”, “Dredging, Offshore & Transport” and “Navy & Governmental ships”. Besides marine operates Alewijnse also in market segment “Industry”.
As a System Integrator, we take care of the integration of electrical installations, nautical and communication systems, marine automation, propulsion systems and other common systems. In view of the increasing internationalization of shipbuilding, international project management and complex contracting also form an important part of our activities.
Your projects could be executed all over the globe but the majority are executed in either The Netherlands or Romania. Your actual working location is also not fixed; you can do your work from one of our offices in Nijmegen, Krimpen a/d IJssel, Galati (Romania), a temporary yard office or (partly) from home.
Our organisation is working to take the next step in further growth and development. Do you find it a challenge to contribute to the solution of technically complex systems in a dynamic environment? Then this should be your next position!
Which responsibilities & activities are part of your job?
• You ensure that the projects you manage are delivered on time, within scope and within budget but moreover will be executed safely;
• You manage the relationship with clients, suppliers and all other internal and external stakeholders;
• You assist in defining project scope and objectives, involve all relevant stakeholders to ensure technical feasibility;
• You define resource requirements and negotiate resource availability and allocation with the different resource managers;
• You develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress and make reliable forecasts;
• You manage changes in the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques;
• You measure project performances;
• You create and maintain proper project documentation;
• You meet with clients to discuss and resolve potential discrepancies between written specification and expectations;
• You delegate project tasks based on staff members’ individual strengths, skill set and experience levels;
• You meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis;
• You contribute to the company’s continuous improvement process.
What do we ask?
• You have a cooperative attitude, have a ‘glass is always half full mentality’ and are creative;
• You have at least a technical BSc diploma and at least 7 years of experience as project leader / project manager of complex technical projects preferably with shipbuilding related projects;
• You are fluent in the English language;
• You are able and willing to travel and work abroad for longer periods of time;
• You preferably have experience with the Prince2 (or similar) Project Management methodology;
• You think in terms of solutions and have an enthusiastic and motivating appearance;
• You have good negotiation skills and able to resolve conflicts when needed;
• You enjoy motivating and coach colleagues and able to perform under pressure;
• You have a businesslike, practical, decisive and result-oriented attitude;
• You are a team player, reliable, trustworthy, involved, open and always aiming to build sustainable relations.
What are we offering?
We will empower you to keep up with the technical developments in your field and therefore we offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself with both internal and external training opportunities. As a result of the growth of our organization, there are both horizontal and vertical career opportunities.
We offer, tailored to your background and experience, good primary and secondary employment conditions like a pension plan, company car and the possibility to join our collective health insurance.
Lastly, we work hard because our clients deserve that but we also encourage a healthy work-life balance.
Would you like to join our team?