Alewijnse is offering an internship. Are you an ambitious student? Does the chance of an internship in webdesign excite you and suit your curriculum requirements? Then check out the assignment offered and see if this is the challenge for you!
Nijmegen - Nederland
Uren per week:
32 - 40
Founded in 1889, Alewijnse is a multi-faceted (electrical) engineering service provider which designs and maintains installations for the industrial and maritime industry. The company consists of two parts: Alewijnse Industry and Alewijnse Marine. Industry specialises in drinking water, food and specific projects in the manufacturing industry. Marine operates worldwide, working on the new build and refit of numerous vessels, including yachting, defence & security and commercial vessels.
Your place inside the company
The project will be developed in a department of around 15 people, with the focus on audio/video, home automation, IT, security, navigation and communication systems on luxury yachts. This department (AV/IT, NavCom) is held accountable for the design, assembly, configuring and commissioning of the systems.
The goal of the assignment is to design and develop a new GUI for our current entertainment system for luxury yachts. The product will control various systems inside the superyacht, like the audio system, video system, lighting and air-conditioning. The controlling will be done by a central processor, the GUI will communicate with this processor.
The duration of the assignment will be 800 hours.
The assignment will go through the following stages:
1. Determine the requirements of the customer.
2. Research the possible designs.
3. Develop three different concepts of the design.
4. Complete the concept the customer has chosen.
5. Test and demonstrate the completed concept.
This assignment will have the following requirements.
1. The design is a “one page design”.
3. The design must have multiple themes, and can easily be changed by a non-web designer.
4. The design has to be scalable for various devices.
5. The design must have various sub-pages implemented and can easily be added.
6. The design must include a way to retrieve images for buttons and backgrounds from the network
7. The design should work without an internet connection.
8. The design and documentation will be written in English.
9. The GUI should communicate with the central AV processor (this will be implemented with the support of our programmers).