As a Senior Project Manager, you effectively and efficiently manage large and complex projects, this with a turnover of more than € 10 million per year. You are ultimately responsible for identifying project requirements, managing the project team, deliverables, budget and stakeholders.
Where are you going to work?
Alewijnse Marine is an innovative system integrator that focuses on the integration (from sales to delivery and after-sales) of all electrical and electronic related systems on ships, that meet the needs of the customer, this in the market segments Luxury yachts, Dredging & Offshore or Navy & governmental ships.
As a System Integrator, we take care of the integration of electrical installations, nautical and communication systems, marine automation, propulsion systems and other common systems. In view of the increasing internationalization of shipbuilding, international project management and complex contracting also form an important part of our activities.
This role could be based in our offices in Nijmegen (Netherlands) or Galati (Romania), and your projects could be all over the globe.
Our organisation is working to take the next step in further growth and development. Do you find it a challenge to contribute to the solution of technically complex systems in a dynamic environment? Then this could be your position!
Which responsibilities & activities are part of your job?
- You ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget;
- You assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility;
- You define resource requirements and negotiate resource availability and allocation with the resource managers;
- You develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress;
- You manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques;
- You’re measuring project performances. You’re managing the relationship with clients and all stakeholders;
- You create and maintain project documentation;
- You meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of projects;
- You delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill set and experience levels;
- You meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis;
- You assist with company process improvements.
What do we ask?
- You have at least a technical higher professional education diploma;
- You have at least 7 years of experience as a project leader/project manager;
- You have important working experience in shipbuilding;
- Demonstrable relevant work experience with complex technical projects is a must;
- Your communication skills in the English language are good;
- You are available to work abroad and travel;
- You think in terms of solutions and have an enthusiastic and motivating appearance;
- You manage negotiation processes, you are able to resolve conflicts when needed;
- You are able and enjoy motivating and coaching your colleagues, and perform under pressure;
- You have a businesslike, practical, decisive and result-oriented attitude;
- You are a teamplayer, reliable, involved, open and your aim is to build a sustainable relation.
We are offering
We will empower you to keep up with the technical developments in your field and therefore we offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself with both internal and external training opportunities. As a result of the growth of our organization, there are both horizontal and vertical career opportunities.
Would you like to join our team?
For more information please contact Jeroen de Visser, Recruiter, email@example.com;
+ 31 6 28973101