As a Senior Project Manager, you effectively and efficiently realize large and complex installation projects on ships, this with a turnover of more than € 10 million per year. You are ultimately responsible for the management of project teams and for the correct, qualitative, safe and timely realization of the projects.
Where are you going to work?
Alewijnse Marine is an innovative system integrator that focuses on the integration (from sales to delivery and after-sales) of all electrical and electronic related systems on ships, that meet the needs of the customer, this in the market segments Luxury yachts, Dredging & Offshore or Navy & governmental ships.
As a System Integrator, we take care of the integration of electrical installations, nautical and communication systems, marine automation, propulsion systems and other common systems. In view of the increasing internationalization of shipbuilding, international project management and turn-key contracting also form an important part of our activities.
This role is formally located in our office in Nijmegen, but your projects could be all over the globe.
Our organisation is working to take the next step in further growth and development. Do you find it a challenge to contribute to the solution of technically complex systems in a dynamic environment? Then this could be your position!
Which responsibilities & activities are part of your job?
- As a Senior Project Manager, you direct the execution of projects on the basis of the agreed contract or specifications. So you’re drawing up a project execution plan;
- You are ultimately responsible for the management of the project teams and for the correct, qualitative, safe and timely realization of the projects. A maximum operational and financial result must be achieved. Correct project administration and detailed planning are important for this;
- It goes without saying that advising and consulting clients are also key tasks, as well as maintaining contacts with suppliers and subcontractors. You will take part in periodic construction and work meetings;
- You periodically report to customers (externally) and Segment Management (internally);
- You prepare additional work and follow up with the customer; also you prepare a change and risk document during the execution of the project;
- You also contribute to quotation processes, so that you are aware of the project to be carried out at an early stage.
What do we ask?
- You have at least a technical higher professional education diploma and some subject-oriented courses;
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a project leader/project manager;
- Knowledge of electrical engineering or ships is an advantage;
- Demonstrable relevant work experience with complex technical projects is a must;
- Your communication skills in the English language are good;
- You like to work abroad and like to travel;
- You think in terms of solutions and have an enthusiastic and motivating appearance;
- You manage, motivate and connect the Project Team to create an optimal and efficient process to realize the project within time and budget;
- You are able and enjoy motivating and coaching your colleagues, and perform under pressure;
- You have a businesslike, practical, decisive and result-oriented attitude;
- You are a teamplayer, reliable, involved, open and your aim is to build a sustainable relation.
We are offering
A stimulating, dynamic and pleasant working environment. We expect you to keep up with the technical developments in your field and therefore we offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself with both internal and external training opportunities. As a result of the growth of our organization, there are both horizontal and vertical career opportunities.
Would you like to join our team?
For more information please contact Jeroen de Visser, Recruiter, email@example.com;
+ 31 6 28973101